Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve!

Last night Mel and I went to our kid's new years talent show. I almost didn't go because I was so tired and I am so glad that I went! Other than the fact that I have never heard Gangnam Style so many times in my life it was pretty entertaining. One group of my kids did a dance while another student of mine rapped, a couple of my kids did some break dancing and a few of them sang! One of my students was also one of the announcers for the show! He didn't tell anyone so that we'd be surprised!

Today it is pretty nice out, but chilly. I actually wrote my final exam today, so I have that out of the way but realistically I could have done a lot more work; hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow! I think tonight we're going to a new bar in town to watch some of the other teachers play with a couple of bands; that should be pretty fun!

At the show!


So many Pokemon!


Some year 2 students who have a band

3 of my kids! The one on the right was the announcer and the other two danced

My kids dancing!

Didn't some people get in trouble in Campbellford for doing something like this?

One of my kids playing the piano!
I imagine that tonight there will be lots of fireworks going off! Oh I almost forgot some people did a dance to a Miley Cyrus song that goes "boom boom clap boom de clap de clap..." and I had to tell Mel that not only do I know that entire song but my cousins Jennifer and Julie taught me the dance when the Hannah Montana movie came out lol! My cousins are way better at the dance than the girls who tried to do it last night! Mel and I felt like soccer moms at the show last night. Our kids got us to hold their stuff for them and then we took videos (which I can hopefully rotate 90 degrees because I held my phone the wrong way) and cheered embarassingly loud.

I'll be ringing in the new year 13 hours before everyone at home, so that will feel weird! It is also weird because today feels like Saturday and it's Monday! I told my kids yesterday as class ended "see you next year!" I remember my mom and dad used to always say that to me and they said that when we were little they said it one year and FREAKED OUT because we thought they weren't coming back for a whole year! I was not a very bright child... anywho, HAPPY almost NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. should old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. that stage is pimping.. st petes suucked compared to that it looks like a concert there:).. jen and julie were pumped you mentoned them:)

    ReplyDelete