Last night was our staff xmas party. Our dinner was SO tasty. My deviled eggs actually turned out pretty well, so that was a bonus too! We played a gift exchange game and I ended up with a wooden bird tape dispense; I'll take a photo of it tomorrow and post it, it's cute!
The power was out on campus today. We knew it would be though...some kind of upkeep I guess? So the second I woke up I got dressed.... actually I mostly stayed in my pajamas... and went and got Mel from her apartment and we went into town; being here without power would have sucked! We would not be able to do work, or watch tv or turn our heat on. By around 2 pm I was getting restless in town though and decided to risk it coming home. When we arrived back we thought for sure the power must still be off because there was no music playing at all. As we walked up the stairs to the apartment though we heard the elevator ring and I did a mini-happy-dance! I did not exactly take full advantage of the power being on though, I mainly just watched tv most of this afternoon and evening.
One bonus to today (maybe an early xmas present) was checking, as I always do, the dairy section of Walmart. I had heard that sometimes there is cheese there, REAL cheddar cheese, and I have never seen any, until TODAY. I bought four bricks! It was SUPER exciting. We have tomorrow (Christmas eve) off, so I need to ACTUALLY do work tomorrow. Soon I need to book my trip to Thailand for our month off too; I even put that off!
Right now it's -1 here, I have had the heat running in my room since I got back this afternoon and it's still FREEZING in here. I always run the heater in my bedroom, not the rest of the apartment because that would be even worse. I just close the door and hope that the smaller room will heat up; not much luck there! BUT it is still better than the rest of the apartment. My water cooler is in the living room and I don't plug it in to keep it cool since it didn't really work. But now that the weather is like this the water is actually way colder than it would be if I kept it in the fridge lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment