Wednesday, December 5, 2012

20 Days until Christmas

Today the student who brought his ipad to class yesterday left me "Barley Yogurt" and a note asking if I could forgive him on my desk lol. I think Mel's kid who apologized with chocolate did a better job, but I threw the barley yogurt (it looked questionable) into the garbage after the kids had left and told him that I forgave him. I hope he doesn't see it in the garbage can tomorrow lol. It was a nice gesture.

Today was just a review day for every section, tomorrow will be too. It makes it kind of an easy week for me. Especially since I have been boycotting my marking..... which means this weekend will suck doubly, but for now I'm enjoying it. One of the guys we work with made soup for everyone tonight. It was DELICIOUS. And the Principal's wife, Cheryl, made us homemade bread and cookies; I'm uncomfortably full in the BEST way right now! I am sure that soon I won't be too full for some World's Finest.

I cannot believe that it is December 5th. We had been talking about how the last little bit seems to have dragged on forever but then today I couldn't believe when I wrote the date down! Christmas is in 20 days! That's nuts. Christmas always does have a way of sneaking up on us though. I will miss being home for Christmas, but one positive is that right now I'd normally be freaking out about the gifts that I can't decide on for people, since there are next to no people here I will have to do next to no Christmas shopping haha. I am still hoping that I can get the internet working in my classroom so that I can Skype with my students on Christmas. We shall see!

1 comment: