This morning I woke up and called my parents house. I talked to both of them and my sister for a bit and then I went and had a coffee with Mel. After that I surprised myself and did a little marking, but of course that ended pretty quickly. Solomon (another teacher) and me went and got lunch at this hole in the wall place that I like; it was such a nice day for a bike ride. It supposedly rained for a month straight last winter so I might as well get as much outside time in while it's still nice out!
Then Mel and I went into town. We got some lunch/ dinner and walked around town. Soon after we got to town we were walking toward the restaurant and I could have sworn I heard someone say "Miss Young." But I figured it was just one of those things where you think you hear your name and you're actually just crazy. Then I could hear feet running behind me and I turned and three of my students were chasing us. They showed me what they had bought today and asked where we were going and what we had done. Then we stood there awkwardly for a minute and left. They're so cute. And they thought everything I said was hilarious; I think they were just excited to see teachers outside of school.
We went to the mall for Mel to look at shoes after that. As we headed back down from one of the top floors we just kept going down the escalators. Then all of a sudden I stopped and looked at where we were. We could only go down another floor which looked to lead to a basement and the only other option was to run back up the down escalator we had just come from. Not feeling very energetic, we just headed down to the basement. We eventually made our way back up but it was a little weird.
Then we went to Walmart. I got a few more Christmas decorations and some groceries. Which reminds me, I should probably go put those in the fridge! Tonight is the second time that a cab driver has taken us from outside of Walmart and told us how much he was charging us instead of using the meter. And normally they way overcharge you but for some reason this is the second time they've told us 20 RMB which is actually cheaper than we sometimes pay! I wonder if we could get it for cheaper if we tried to barter lol.
Lovely storyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!1
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA AMANDA!!!
Delete