Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 So Far

On new years eve we went to a bar called the Red House; it throws me off every time someone mentions the Red House here because there is also a Red House in Kingston that we used to go to! It was pretty fun! Meghann played some songs with the band and there did a countdown in Chinese. At the end of the night we went and got street food, what a high quality meal to kick the new year off with!

On New Years Day I went into town to do some work. I got some notes for next semester done and worked on some other stuff for this semester. I also skyped my family. Other than that it was pretty uneventful! Today I did some more work and went to the market and skype my parents and my cousin Kait. We have to go back to school tomorrow, but then we only work until the weekend so that isn't so bad. Today I also booked my hostel for my first two nights in Thailand. I have been told to book most things once I'm there so I probably won't book much else until I arrive. It's crazy though that in 24 days I'll be in a warm place! I'm excited for that!

These next two days at school the kids will be working on their presentations and exam review and then doing their culminating presentations. Those should be entertaining I hope! Some of them researched mathematicians and others just researched topics in math that they find interesting. I cannot believe that this semester is almost over! CRAZY!

The last couple of days have been popular days for burning garbage. I road my bike to the market today and thought my lungs were actually going to jump out of my body! At the beginning of the week we were talking about how the air actually almost felt like we were in Canada, it felt cold and clean and we could see stars! Today was dry and smokey, but I guess that's what you get when you come here lol! The fact I have a cold doesn't help much either! I have been taking cold medicine and drinking ginger tea, so hopefully it clears up soon! Luckily I won't have to talk much in class the next couple of days!

I hope everyone is enjoying 2013 so far!!


No comments:

Post a Comment