Waking up this morning was strange to say the least. First off, I was tired because I stayed up later than normal (11 because I'm a rebel) talking to my family and my cousin Kait. I got to hangout on Skype with my family last night while they opened their presents, so that was nice. My brother's girlfriend bought for me this year and sent the gift with my parents when they came to visit and I actually didn't open it until last night, I was so proud of myself! It was nice to have presents to open with them!
I ate breakfast this morning and had to go to school. When I got to the office I first noticed a little card with a chocolate bar on my desk. It was from one of Mel's kids, it was so cute, I did not expect it since I don't even teach her! Then I noticed there was a Santa hat full of stuff on my desk. There was a mug, socks, mittens, all kinds of good stuff and it was from our principal and his wife; that was really nice. Oh also when I left my apartment today there was a card and chocolates on the ground from Mel; she'd gone and left one for all of the teachers.
When I got up to my classroom I could not believe the decorations, these kids are so cute. Then we watched a couple of xmas movies and now it's lunch time. We'll be watching another movie later this afternoon too; no doing math on xmas! As the kids came in for class one kid (the kid who told me yesterday that he had a gift for me) came running towards me, well hopping quickly since he has a broken leg. His mom had made bracelets for me, Mel and another teacher Meghann. Between the first two classes today Mel came and handed me an envelope from one of her kids that had a card for me and a pair of earrings. I'm going to end up getting more gifts from her kids than mine maybe!
It's really nice here again today. It's even a little warm, I think it's like 7 degrees. We even ate lunch outside this afternoon! It was yummy. I should go get some work done before my afternoon class. Oh another bonus is that today I heard All These Things That I Have Done by the Killers playing throughout campus, I hope the kids keeping asking me about my music so that by the end of the year it will be 100% songs that I like playing!
I hope everyone at home has the best Christmas. Miss you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment