I was standing in class today waiting as my students copied something off of the projector. When I do this I usually alternate between rambling about what the note is about, staring at them and staring at what they are copying. While I stared at the projector, I saw the date in the bottom right hand corner and before I could stop myself "whoa! did any of you guys see what the date is today?" They all started at me like I was on drugs, because who cares what the date is before 8 in the morning. Then I was like it's 12/12/12!!!! They were like "oh.....cool....(Miss Young is CRAZY)" Then I brought up how the world is supposed to end soon and the room was in a fit of laughter; I guess we have different sense of humour lol.
A kid was pestering me yesterday about his mark on his test. He thought he deserved an extra 1/2 of a percent. Yes, 0.5 %. I said no, because he didn't and I honestly thought he might cry. I felt bad, but I had to stick to my guns. I tried to console him saying that in the end it is LITERALLY worthless. But he still talked about it for at least 5 minutes, maybe more. Then today he came up at the beginning of class and said "Miss Young, I'm sorry for yesterday." I said, oh you don't have to be sorry, I wasn't mad or anything. And then he said; maybe you've changed your mind? No...and now I'm getting a little annoyed. And then he went back to his seat. At least they don't give up I guess. We are apparently going to be missing more than 15 of our kids over the next two days because they are writing an English proficiency test in another city; that'll feel so empty!
I loaned my peroxide and polysporin (I didn't pack light when I came) to the principal earlier this evening. I just went down to his apartment a little bit ago to retrieve it so I could put it on my foot before bed. While I was there his wife gave me a freshly baked tea buscuit! They bought a small oven, so they can bake now! I was so excited! That will be my breakfast tomorrow morning for sure! ALSO I almost forgot, the date beat this one out for the post title; but I have now been here for 13 weeks (it would have been cooler if it was 12 weeks on 12/12/12, but I'm glad it's 13 and not 12 lol)! Part of me can't believe I've been gone for 13 weeks but then another part of me is thinking whoa it is still 29 weeks until school is over... but if it goes like these 13 weeks then it will fly by!
Crazy, 13 weeks of Canada with no Colleen. I don't like it!!
ReplyDelete