So earlier I said nothing else exciting had happened today, that was a lie! When I got to my classroom this morning I had a new smart board in my room (well...a knock off smart board)! There had been rumours going around that we were all getting one but I did not expect to walk in Monday morning and have one! It took me awhile just to figure out how to display my laptop screen on the screen of the board and I could not for the life of me figure out how to make the "touch screen" aspect work. After lunch though, I gave myself ample time to tinker with it before class. Within ten minutes I had my internet working; I probably could have done that on the first day of school and my life would have been WAY easier! Then after trying a bunch of different things I FINALLY got the touch screen working; I was so proud of myself! It is super cool! It's going to take some practice getting used to it since you have to touch the screen about 5 cm to the right and 3 cm up from where you'd actually like touched.... but I guess that's what happens when you have a knock off smart board.
It was proof that my kids know how technologically-challenged I am this afternoon. I told one of the other teachers, Matt, that I got my board and internet working and he was unimpressed; let's be serious I SHOULD be able to do it. Then I told the section who I taught this afternoon and the gave me a round of applause! I told the kids that it was ten days until my brother's bday today. When they saw a photo of him and I they looked at it for a minute and then all talked about how tall he was; "he's taller than YOU!" I always have to calculate heights into cm's here, they don't do height in feet like we do.
Now I need to do some school work and watch Dexter. I found out today that some of my students watch Dexter. I asked if they thought it was scary and they laughed and said no....I find it scary though :(.
dexters scary
ReplyDelete