Friday, December 28, 2012

Almost the new year!

Today is Friday, but it does not FEEL like Friday since tomorrow I will have my Monday classes. It was nice though to finish at 3:30 like I normally do on Friday's today! I had time to go to the market before it was dark. I bought tofu at the market for the first time today. I put it in my stir-fry that I made for dinner and it actually tasted pretty good! But it had nothing on my dessert! I made my macaroons tonight (compliments of Aunt Jean and Jeanna) and they are the BEST (not to toot my own horn or anything). Macaroons are one of the first things I ever learned how to make and today was a serious test of that since I didn't bother to buy any measuring cups or anything, but I think it's kind of hard to mess them up too!

NOM NOM NOM!

The remnants!


Happy lady!


I've shared them with a few people now and they also agree that they are delicious, so thank you guys so much for the macaroons and there is still enough of everything to make lots more!

Since we work Saturday and Sunday this week we get Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off for new years. I am SO excited! Mainly because it will give me some time to get some work done and also to hopefully go out on New Years Eve! Our kids are having a "party" which is really more like a talent show on Sunday for new years. A few of them have asked me if I will be going so I think I might since they'd really like that. One guy is singing Bad Romance by Lady Gaga and an entire class is doing a choreographed dance. It should be pretty entertaining!

I cannot believe that it is almost 2013! That is nuts! What is also nuts is that I booked my flights to Thailand today! I will be gone for 26 days and I will be WARM! I am so excited! I haven't booked where I am staying or planned where I am going yet so I will have to also figure that out on my three days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment