My test was this morning; it pretty much went off without a hitch. I marked for the rest of the day and got a nice chunk of it done; but still not half of it, that will be for tomorrow. I ate in the cafeteria for the third time today. I had to load my card first. As we waited for the lady who does it to open the kiosk several of my students also lined up. Some of them spoke to me to complain about the test, others to ask me what I think of Chinese food. Another girl asked "you're able to eat rice?" Maybe white people can't sometimes? Who knows. Then when the lady opened a bunch of people who I don't know cut in and filled their cards first, then my student took my card and my money and did it for me; apparently I'm not aggressive enough lol. Lunch was pretty good; I still can't believe that they feed 3000 kids in the matter of a half an hour; that places is CRAZY!
To avoid one section being way ahead of the others my students had this afternoon off. They mostly just hungout in the sun until the Chinese principal came. He saw their Chinese classroom and LOST IT. Granted, their Chinese classrooms are disgusting. There's almost 40 kids in each one and so many books and so much garbage; they had to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning it up. By the time 3 pm rolled around I had pretty much checked out; marking gets so repetitive and boring. After much convincing on my own part I finally dragged my butt to the gym. As I rounded the corner to the front of the building that houses the gym I noticed there was a lot of noise and chanting and then I saw a HUGE crowd standing facing the building. I turned around as fast as I could; they were blocking the entrance and I did not want them all looking at me lol. Luckily there's a side entrance. I still have no idea what was happening. Some random people were in graduation gowns and the rest of them were just staring at a banner and chanting, they were still there when I left the gym too! I may never find out what they were doing!
I will hopefully spend most of my weekend catching up on marking and planning my next unit; otherwise I'll be too far behind to ever catch up!
No comments:
Post a Comment