Yesterday it was 23 degrees here; that was AWESOME, it's not going to be that warm today though. Since it was so nice I figured it was a good evening to venture into town after school ended. So Mel and I met Sol downtown and he took us to this massage place that he goes to. It was a strange experience. You leave all of your clothes on and they put a blanket over you and massage you through the blanket and your clothes. And the experience is ANYTHING but relaxing; I'm still a little sore today! Also no one forgot to mention that at this place (and my mom says places at home too) they massage your bum. So about fifteen minutes into the massage I was like WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON! The people doing the massages couldn't understand English so I said "Mel.....are they supposed to massage your butt" and she burst out laughing and they said I guess we forgot to tell you that. That part didn't last very long thank god! The massage for an hour cost 40 RMB, so less than 7 dollars. CRAZY.
After the massage we went to this fish fry place. They fry the fish on a bbq for a bit and then put it into this huge pan with all these spices and veggies and then it cooks even longer at your table. It was sooooo tasty! But it was also SO MUCH FOOD! While we were there one of the Chinese people, Frank, that we met at the Canadian bar was there with his daughter and she practiced her English with us for a bit and then Frank got us these delicious chicken wings since he said our fish was going to take a long time. Overall it was a good night. At one point Sol looks over and goes that's how you know street food is good and we look, there's a dog eating it off the ground. He's like "when dogs won't eat it, that's a bad sign." I thought it was pretty funny.
 |
| Cooking at our table! |
 |
| Mmmmm eating outside in winter! |
 |
| Sol enjoying the fish |
Now it's Saturday morning here and I'm stirring up some Banana/Egg and Peanut Butter pancakes for breakfast. Then I think I'll head into town and do some marking and pick up a few things from the store. Our Christmas potluck is next weekend and I still have no idea what I'm bringing! I need to get on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment