Thursday, December 27, 2012

Jim's Birthday!

Today I actually got quite a bit of work done. I stayed in the office pretty late; until I couldn't stand to be there anymore! My kids finally finished their presentations today; they were supposed to be over last Friday but all of them were WAY too long. One student today dressed up in a Santa Clause type dress, it was pretty funny.
It poured rain here today. I was glad to have my boots and an umbrella; I hardly ever remember an umbrella, thank God I did today! And it was such a COLD rain, not good. I see on facebook that we've gotten lots of snow at home! Looks pretty.
I had a student who stayed after class for awhile today so I was later than normal getting back to the office. But when I got there I had a postcard from my Aunt Mary Lou, a Christmas Card from my friend Annalisa and her fiance Qtip (not his real name lol) and a present from my cousin Kait. I'll have to take a picture of them tomorrow but she sent me really pretty earrings! Thanks guys!
I was going to make macaroons tonight but my milk had gone bad so I'll have to wait and make them tomorrow! I'm excited! Instead of macaroons I had part of the giant Reese Cup my friend Amanda sent me! So yummy.
I had had my heat on in my room for awhile tonight and it wasn't getting warmer when I realized that there were now different Chinese characters on the remote screen, I pushed some buttons and I think that I MAY have turned the heat up...here's hoping!
It's now less than a month until our month off! I tried to book my flights again today and it wasn't working. I'll have to phone redtag tomorrow; they have the cheapest flight right now!
I told my kids today that it was my brother's birthday and I think because normally it's someone in the class's birthday when I mention it they all started singing happy birthday! I wish Jim could have been on Skype to see that! But it was at like...2 this afternoon, so 1 am there; he was probably sleeping! Anywho, I'm off to bed here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment