Thursday, December 6, 2012

One more day until the weekend; we can do this!

The kids have been acting weird all week; the other teachers all think so too. We were laughing that maybe we're coming up to a full moon; but I just checked the moon phases and we actually just had one, so maybe this is the tail end of it lol. Tomorrow is their test and then it's the weekend! That has it's bonuses and drawbacks. Drawback being that I will have a ton of marking, bonus being that I can sleep in and do my work at home in my pajamas.

I caught a girl folding up a note in class today and I asked her for it. As I looked at it she said "it's in Chinese." I said oh really, I thought it was English; these kids are getting better at picking up on sarcasm, so that's good too. It's annoying that the kids can talk and pass notes in a language that you have no way of understanding. The only thing a kid said today that I understand was xie xie, aka thank you. I'll have to show the assistant later and see what it says. The student told me that it was her asking another student whether she wanted to play badminton or not; I'm curious to see if she's lying.

There is peer tutoring tonight, I imagine it will be busy since the test is tomorrow. 8 students wrote the test today at lunch. I know understand why teachers hated when students couldn't write on the test day; making multiple tests SUCKS. Especially when they look really similar; I keep getting the two versions mixed up lol! I hope I don't mix them up while I'm marking them, but would be a mess.

One of the other teachers, Meghann (so many different ways to spell the same name; my default is usually Megan, but this is how this particular one spells hers), is performing (she's a good singer) at a cafe in town tomorrow evening so I'll be going to that; I'm excited! She is the person who first suggested karaoke to us. I think I should get people to do it again soon! Anywho, I need to get ready to go back to school and help with tutoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment