Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jungle adventures!

Yesterday was so much fun. I went on an all day tour with the girl Ann from my hostel. Three of the guys on the tour were from BC and there was a really funny American couple. We rode elephants which was super cool but also terrifying because I kept thinking ours was going to walk off a cliff, he never did thank God. After that we hiked to a waterfall which was really pretty (I'll try to post pics later). Then we went white water rafting which was really fun; not nearly long enough though! I definitely want to go white water rafting at home this summer!

We got back to the hostel last night around 6:30 and I showered and just as I was finishing getting dressed and ready for dinner a huge thunderstorm started and the power went out. The power ended up being out for a few hours. We decided to go get food anyway and the power ended up not being out in the entire city so we were able to get food. When we got back there were a few people playing cards (by the light of flashlights) so I joined them. Not long after the power came back on yay! Then we went (a couple girls from New Zealand, a couple British people and a dutch guy) to the karaoke bar. I sang a duet with the dutch guy to party for two by Shania Twain; I was as poorly skilled as ever lol but it was a lot of fun. Then randomly two of the guys from BC also showed up so that was cool!

Today I went to the Tiger Kingdom and pet some tigers. It was kind of scary but also really neat! I will have to wait until I'm back in China to post photos though because none of them are on my phone. After the tigers I went and walked around town a bit and did a little shopping. I met two girls from Montreal in my hostel tonight and a girl from Argentina! I doubt I'll do anything too exciting tonight, I'm so tired!!

Happy almost February!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment