Saturday, January 5, 2013

Something is BUGging me...pun intended

Last night we went out for Mel's birthday, so between that, eating street food and already having a cold I felt WONDERFUL this morning when I woke up. The best part was at 6 am when I rolled over only to wince in pain because my arm was throbbing. Because I hadn't slept much yet and it was weird to begin with, I was super confused when I looked at my arm in the mirror. It kind of looked like a burn, but I hadn't burned myself and it was super hot and hurt a lot. I figured I'd still be alive if I waited another few hours to ask someone about it so I went back to bed.
When I showed Mel at ten she said it looked like a bug bite but we went and asked Cheryl, our Principal's wife just in case (she used to be a nurse). She thinks it's a spider bite, I'm really really starting to hate these elusive bugs that injure me in my sleep. It also grosses me out that it was that close to my face...who knows where it is now; makes me not want to go to bed tonight lol but I am SO tired. I think the verdict is that I will live though.
Yay, who loves China? ME ME ME! lol

The pen mark is there not because I'm gross and don't clean myself but to see if it  spreads... in addition to me being gross!
A Papa John's (the American pizza chain) opened in town here. So Mel and I went and checked that out today; it was pretty tasty!! Mom, Dad and me tried it when we were in Shanghai and I think it might have been better here!
It is 3 weeks until I go to Thailand now! That's crazy! There will probably still be bugs to bite me but at least I'll be warm (hopefully)! The kid's fort was pretty beaten up today when I went to check on it, I think it had just been rained on and melted so it's going to be gone pretty soon. My cousin asked me how the kids made the bricks, I wondered the same thing when I saw it. They had a tupperware container that they would pack snow into and then make each brick that way one at a time; these kids have patience lol!
I have been eating halls like candy! One of the kids yesterday said I should be careful not using an umbrella for the snow because I'll catch a cold.. I don't know if he was trying to be funny...because I said...I already have one... and he just laughed. I hope it goes away soon! It's one degree out here right now, I think it's that cold in my apartment too! The heat has been running since 4 on high and it hasn't helped much! But soon I'll turn on my heating blanket and go to bed...possibly with my bug visitor (I HOPE NOT) and then I'll be warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment