Thursday, January 24, 2013

2 DAYS!

After counting down the days for the past.... well a long time, I'm far less excited to be done today; still excited don't get me wrong, just not as much as I thought. I had one sections this morning and I have this afternoon; in half an hour. When the class finished with the first one it was weird to say good-bye because I won't see them for more than a month! And a few of the students are moving to Canada or to different parts of China so I may realistically never see them again!

I was walking back to the office this afternoon and one of the students who is moving to Toronto stopped me. She had a present for me :). It's two pairs of earrings in the cutest box I have ever seen! They are so pretty; I didn't have any in today so I can even wear them to class later!

It's crazy to think that in 2.5 hours I'll be done for a MONTH! And in two days I'll be on my way to the airport to catch my flight to Bangkok! I figured out my subway route today; it doesn't look too difficult, so hopefully everything runs smoothly!

I told the kids about how it was -40 in Ottawa today; they nearly died. I assured them that it's not USUALLY that cold, but they didn't seem to comforted by this. I don't think it helps that they think I'm the strangest human being in the world. They asked me again today "Miss Young, why aren't you cold?" I was like well first of all I'm wearing 3 shirts and a sweater, second of all the heat is set to 30 degrees in here and third of all it's not THAT cold outside today. They just still looked at me like I was crazy.

One of my students asked to use me as a reference for some application thing for university so he needed my email and my phone number. He wasn't sure whether they'd need my Canadian number or my Chinese number so I gave him my Canadian number which I will never forget and then I had to tell him that I honestly don't know my phone number here. So one of the other teachers who was in the room read it to him. Then today in class he informed me that I had given him the wrong phone number because it wasn't enough digits. That made for a funny class reaction: "Miss Young you gave him your phone number?" and then one girl was super excited and also wanted my phone number. I told her that no they couldn't have my number because then I'd start getting all kinds of weird texts from them; she said no, no, we're shy. This girl is the furthest thing from shy I have ever seen! I was able to just give the kid my phone and he figured it out. Sometimes I think I'm more like an 80 year old with how bad I am with technology.

Anywho, I should head to class; don't want to be late for the last class I have for a month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment