Monday, January 14, 2013

Exam time!

Exams officially started today. I had to help the Year 3 English teacher supervise hers today, mine is tomorrow afternoon. It was hard because the kids all know me (her and I teach the exact same kids), so they'd put up their hands and expect me to help them. First of all, I had no idea how much information she wanted to share with them, I also didn't know what she was looking for and I have also never read MacBeth which was the main topic of the exam; needless to say I was not very helpful lol!

Since the exam finished I've been in the office answering the kids questions. No one has come for an hour now. I had made solutions to my exam already, but I think I threw them out by accident so I just finished making them again; not fun!

It is really nice out today. I wore my spring coat and socks with sandals to school today. The kids still think I'm crazy but it's actually really nice out. And as I said that I checked the temperature today and it's around 10 degrees, but considering how cold my apartment is this is like room temperature for me lol!

Now I'm going to start working on stuff for next semester which starts next week. I'm also listening to country 105, it's way better when it's the middle of the night at home; there have been hardly any commercials at all!

We were talking today during the exam about how much we don't miss writing exams. It was always so stressful. But there was nothing quite like that feeling of finishing your last exam and as long as you weren't crying it felt really good to be done! I tried to tell the kids that these exams are worth nothing compared to university. Mine is worth 25%, I think they can be worth at most 30%. I told them about how one of my exams in university was worth 75% of my mark and they nearly died! In all fairness I almost died when I first heard that too! Anywho, I should get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment