Last night I went to the Red House with Ana. A bunch of people we know ended up showing up; it was fun. Of course we ended up at the food street. I got my usual wrap and ate some oysters, they were delish. I also met a Chinese girl who spoke English, she was pretty funny and kept trying to get me to eat her food; it was good too lol.
Today I did pretty much nothing at all. I went for lunch with two other teachers to a place I hadn't been before. It's a place that has food from Fujian (I think that's how you spell it) province. We had dumplings and noodles in a peanut sauce and a really tasty tofu. This place also cooks duck head but I was not feeling very brave today. I hope that before I leave China I get the nerve to eat it but I'm not sure if I will!
I have been packing a little bit throughout the day. I really hope I am not forgetting anything; I think I'm almost done. I have to get up at 4 am tomorrow because my train leaves at 6:30 so my cab is coming at 5. I have set 3 alarms; I hope I don't sleep in! Usually when something like this is happening I also get my mom to set her alarm and come wake me up or call me so that I wake up; she can't call me here so I'll have to just try my best lol.
It's hard to pack for the trip. I don't know how many clothes to bring because I don't want my backpack to be too heavy and I want to have room for in case I buy stuff there. But I also don't know what I'll need! I'm hoping I did an okay enough job! I'm excited, but nervous. I hope that everything goes smoothly tomorrow ..and for the whole trip I guess lol!
I'm not sure how much I'll blog while I'm there. I don't think I'm going to take my laptop with me, just my old phone that can pick up wi-fi. But I'll try to remember to post photos to facebook and I'm sure that I'll find the time to blog about things throughout the trip. I'm bringing a notebook too so that I can write things down so that I won't forget! I hope that I remember to write in it lol!
Next time I blog I'll hopefully be in Thailand! Happy Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment