My bug bite is looking MUCH better today. Thank goodness! Seeing that I think definitely made my sister more excited to come to China...maybe not? I did extremely close to no work this weekend. I have lots I COULD do, but nothing that needs to be done RIGHT NOW since my kids are doing presentations and review for these three days and then I have Thursday and Friday off; hopefully I'll actually do work on Thursday and Friday! It'll probably be better then since my cold is also almost gone!
This morning my kids were doing their presentations and some of them were using their own laptops so they had to setup all of the cords and stuff. It's funny because they all immediately turn to me and assume I know what to do. I remember thinking that in school; oh the teacher knows. I am the most technologically-challenged person EVER! Luckily today I knew all of the stuff they asked but last Friday one kid's computer would not work and I could not figure it out to save my life! Talk about being a let down!
A bunch of people in my family are going to Jamaica soon! I'm happy that we all have somewhere warm to look forward to! Right now in Jinhua it's 2 degrees and in Bangkok it's 32 and feels like 39! It's going to be so good! When I got to school this morning there was a mysterious package wrapped in tinfoil on my desk; it was brownies that one of the other teachers made! So tasty.
I was sad, the kid's fort is pretty much all gone! almost all of the snow is gone! From what everyone says we probably won't get anymore snow this year, I still don't really know when it starts to get warm again; hopefully by the end of February!
This afternoon my kids are doing more presentations so that will be entertaining! Two girls today did their presentation as if they were Gossip Girl talking about Sir Isaac Newton. I bet Newton never would have thought that he'd be a topic on Gossip Girl.... in fact I doubt it will be done twice! I think they chose Gossip Girl because they'd heard me talking about it; it would have been far less entertaining if I didn't actually watch that show lol!
I don't know whether I've mentioned this before or not but almost every morning I read a few of the posts from Thought Catalog; my friend Megan showed it to me. Today there was an article called "How to Come Home." I don't read all of the articles; some of them are pretty stupid, but I figured this one I'd like. As I was reading it the person talks about how they were so glad to come home and that it was weird to see the things that had changed and the things that hadn't. This made me think of home and how I was so excited to come around the S-bend by my parents house! Then as I kept reading I almost died laughing because the person talks about how the stain from when they spilled nail polish remover was still on the table! I just so happened to spill nail polish remover on my parents' new coffee table this summer; you'd think once all of your kids were in their twenties your furniture would be safe, but not around me apparently! I thought it was so funny that this person had done the exact same thing!
Anyway, I should really get back to school!!
This is the article I was talking about:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/how-to-come-home/
No comments:
Post a Comment