At break today my kids were running outside to get snow balls to throw at each other, I had to act just like the teachers I had in school when I wanted to throw snow balls! I told the kids about how we used to make snow forts and then the teachers would say we couldn't throw snow balls because "what if there is a chunk of ice!"
They were mostly doing presentations today, then a little exam review. When I came outside after class it was a GIANT snowball fight, the whole school was playing in the snow! I saw one kid (not one of mine) fill up a bucket with snow, run up to the second floor and dump it on a kids head! I tried my hardest to not get caught in the crossfire! I guess it must be an even bigger deal here to play in the snow at "recess" because they hardly ever have it!
It's Mel's bday today, so she's also excited about the snow. I told my class this morning that it was her birthday and so if they saw her to say happy birthday! I love how much these kids listen. She said that as she came into the building one kid (this kid is hilarious and had come to ask me how to spell her name) had made her a paper flower saying Happy Birthday Ms. Killens and another kid saw her in the office and wished her a happy birthday! Some of them are so nice! Between the snow, the kids being so excited and their presentations being good today has really turned around!
![]() |
| Year 2's excited about the snow! |
![]() |
| Trying to run to the snowball fight! |



No comments:
Post a Comment