Monday, January 21, 2013

5 Days

This time 5 days from now I'll be on the subway in Shanghai (hopefully, as long as everything goes as planned)! And 5 days and 12 hours from now I'll be getting into Bangkok! YAHOO!

It was weird teaching this morning; it felt like I hadn't taught in forever! Today was a pretty easy lesson since it was entirely review, so that was nice too! It was funny because one of the kids went to answer a question and was doing a really good job. It involved talking about x2 - x1 as we would normally call them; but instead of 1 and 2 you can really use anything. So she said Xe and I assumed she was just labeling them differently. Then she said Xer and I realized the first one had been yi not e; she was using chinese numbers! I realized at the same time that she did! I was happy that this time it was at least words I knew; usually when they slip up like that I don't even know the words they mean!


1 comment: