Thursday, January 24, 2013

HOLIDAY!

It`s official; I don`t work for a month! Such a weird feeling. I forgot to tell a story earlier. So my kids were doing skits about real-life examples of Rate of Change. One group used a train as an example. They were trying to make it more interesting so they said they were a train headed into one of the Shanghai railway stations. The problem is, they said the name of the train station in Chinese, but I knew what they meant. I knew because a) it doesn't take a genius to figure out what they meant when they look like a human train and b) it says the same thing in Chinese on my train ticket! So he said it in Chinese and as when any kid speaks Chinese the whole class froze to see what I'll do; I said no, no, Shanghai South Railway Station, since that's it's English name and the whole class clapped and cheered lol! If only I had known knowing one word was so impressive I would have told them sooner!

I don't even know what I'll do today to celebrate being done. I'm going to have to make dinner in a bit and do some laundry so that I can finish packing for my trip. But I have zero school work to do for at least 4 weeks (that's when I'll be back from my trip)!

No comments:

Post a Comment