This is one of the first jobs I've ever had where the weekend meant no work! When I worked at Sobeys and Burt's Greenhouses and Paris Marine I always had to work on the weekends. I still looked forward to the weekend because it meant we'd be doing fun things, but it also meant I'd usually be really "tired" at work. Yesterday someone was like "YES ITS FRIDAY!" And I was like YAY I have a job where Friday means work is over! Kind of over....I have to do work today, but it's so much better to do work when you don't HAVE to be doing it at a certain time and no one is supervising you.
I went to the cactus last night (the bar owned by the Canadian guy). The ladies from New Zealand and England that I met my first night in Jinhua were there again; it's nice to see friendly faces! It's funny though, there's so few foreigners here that the second I saw them I was like whoa! People! And I went to say hi and was greeted with hugs. It's nice. And it feels nice to just "bump into" people you know, it feels more like being at home where you cannot go anywhere without running into like ten people you know.
After we left the Cactus we went to the food street. Oh my gosh; so much food!I got this wrap, that was delicious and then the bar owner and his wife ended up meeting us there and showed us this other place where we got all kinds of good food; I don't know why they ordered so much, I was STUFFED! The wrap was delicious, I didn't order it, so I don't know how I'd get it again but I hope that I do.
I woke up this morning to the music again (obviously). It actually is kind of a nice way to wake up sometimes. It's better than being in an eerily quiet apartment by myself. Then as I woke myself up, ate some cheerios and tided up, I could not believe what song came on. BOOM BOOM BOOM, I WANT YOU IN MY ROOM...They were playing the Venga Boys! What the heck?!
Now I have gone to the office, gotten my textbook that I needed and I have absolutely no excuse to not do my marking and planning...yet here am again...not doing work.
I skyped my parents this morning. That was nice, I feel like I rarely catch them both at the same time since I usually call during my evening, so they're usually in different places. They were in the middle of watching Law and Order when I called them (I can assume it was SVU, but I am not positive...anyone who has been to my parents house in the evening is probably laughing right now). They have booked their trip; they'll get here the evening of Thursday Nov. 8. I'm so excited! I think I figured out where their hotel is (it's hard to google map it because so much of it is in Chinese). One of the other teachers says its near the bar we go to (coincidence?). It'll be nice because I can tour them around town and then we can just stay there, I won't have to worry about cabbing back to school!
Anyway, I should get my day started...now that it's noon! Man days go by way too fast sometimes!
The Young's will soon be taking over China!
ReplyDelete