Saturday, October 27, 2012

BBQ Day!

This morning I woke up and skyped my family for a bit and then FINALLY sat down to do all of my marking. The trick is to not do it at my desk where I am easily distracted by all of the fun things the internet has to offer; I sat outside and marked straight until lunch. Then I went and got lunch by myself. The only other thing eating in the whole restaurant (I went a little late) was a cat and I kept laughing to myself thinking about how it would probably be getting eaten at the restaurant soon. I quite possibly could have been eating it's brother for all I know; I think it's beef that I order, but I can't be sure! It was tasty though!

Today is a scorcher! So after my exhausting bike ride home I continued to mark and now I am finally done! And with over an hour to spare before the BBQ starts. Luckily while I waited for my family to skype me I made my dessert for tonight; they are tasty, I hope they're a hit! Unfortunately, even though I am done marking all of my assignments, a lot of the students did quite badly (some of them don't take things very seriously unless I say this is a unit test, but it's worth the exact same amount). So now I am going to offer them a make-up assignment to bring up their marks since this is the last thing going on the report card; so I will have to mark all of those this week, but then all I have to do is get my report cards done before my parents come, the deadline is while they are visiting and I don't want to be working on that while they're here!

Now I am off to get ready for the BBQ!!! Happy Saturday!

1 comment: