Monday, October 15, 2012

A case of the Mondays

So I think most people would agree that Mondays suck; today however, I would have to disagree. It started off as a Monday should, I was woken up at 4:30 am by my neighbours alarm going off and no they did not shut it off for a half hour; then they did, and it went off again 5 minutes later...I think they snoozed it, I was so not happy. My day got much better from there! I made breakfast, Skyped with my sister Mary and my dad and get went to the gym. My morning class was moved to the afternoon (for a test in another class) so I had free time this morning.

Then I came home, did some work and then went to the office. At the office I was surprise with two gift bags on my desk. One had a fancy cup in it (with the school's name on it) and the other had some books about the school and an umbrella (which will come in handy during the rainy and cold winter season). I was excited!
The box my new m

Fancy!!! I am brewing a tea to drink out of it right NOW! And it's a HUGE mug!

My new umbrella!

I forgot whether I showed you the picture of the Honey Nut Cheerios box the other day; if not, here it is! I bought a second box already, so yummy!


Then it turned out Mel and I had gas! I know, I know...you're thinking, wow too much information Colleen...but it is gas for our stoves! So tonight for dinner I had actual stove cooked food, I even made a chicken breast (at least I think it was a chicken breast)! It was delicious; and awesome to have food that was not steamed!

My classes today were good, the students were excited that the University of Alberta had mailed them information about the school (I was excited too)! Then after classes were over I went back to the office to quickly drop my stuff off before going home and found two more surprises on my desk! One was a letter from my Aunt Peggy, thank you! The other was a package from my sister Mary. It had some burned cd's in it and some chocolate bars; a girl after my own heart! Now, I'll have to give her cds a listen but my current obsession is Walk the Moon; my friend Erica originally told me about them, she actually met them in Ottawa with her girlfriend Kat, they sound like great people and their music is awesome! I made my students listen to it while they did their homework today (they ask to listen to music...the catch is that I get to choose what we listen to)!


It turned out to be a great day! So from now on I think I will have to re-define a case of the Mondays (probably not though, I think this was just an exception)!

I'm off to read Mary's extremely long winded letter (excited!!!) and I am going to listen to her cds!

P.S. When I got home from school I told Mel that I had gotten mail from Mary and Peggy and I was obviously excited and she said wow your family loves you. This is kind of obvious but I am SO lucky to have so many people who are sending me stuff, makes being away from home way more bearable! Love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO lucky Monday is almost over! It's just beginning here BOO

    ReplyDelete