Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3 weeks!

So I have been here for 3 weeks now (well I guess as of around 2 am ....so in 5 hours)! CRAZY. Today I actually FINISHED my marking, I tried very hard to procrastinate, but still managed to get it done. Lets be serious though, I'm not entering those grades tonight (so tedious). We went to Danny's Cafe today, it was delish. Going to those places is more expensive than others, like 62 RMB for a sandwich, same price as home really. Danny is super awesome though! We didn't talk to him very much, but I know this because he read my mind today and gave us free cheesecake! 5 minutes prior I said, "they have cheesecake! do you like cheesecake?" and because she isn't crazy Melanie said "yes!" and then sure enough 5 minutes later, he gives us FREE cheesecake! AWESOME

ALSO we were standing waiting for the bus to get into town and one of the American teachers (who apparently has a car, I knew nothing of this) pulls up and offers us a ride; no bus for us! We got him a little lost trying to get us to where we wanted to go, but in the end we made it there! We (and by we I mean Melanie) are getting better at navigating the city. I usually say "I think its this way" and she says "oh I thought it was this way" and 100% of the time she is right, I should stop trying, but maybe its part of why it works lol.

We had an interesting cab ride home from town today. The guy picked us up and was yammering on in Chinese (as per usual) and kept repeating how we said the name of our school (which was probably not right, but it got us there lol). Then I said Bu Dong (or something like that which means I don't know I think) and then he kept repeating that and then saying other things. So we kept trying to say we didn't understand and we eventually stopped talking (its usually pretty funny). Then he kept talking and talking and talking and suddenly in the middle of a sentence he said "fuck you." We both were like what??? Like did we make this guy mad? But he didn't LOOK mad. Then he was doing this weird thing with his hand and alternating between it and giving us the finger in the rear view mirror. I think he was trying to tell us that that meant "fuck you" but I still don't really know. Regardless, we got back, so that's always a win in my books!

I still need to pack for Hangzhou tomorrow, I have no idea what all I should bring. I realized today that I should probably figure out a few things other than West Lake that I should do while I'm there, but the people we are going with have gone before, so it should be fine!! Here's hoping anyway!!

1 comment: