So you know that awkward moment when you're saying something but accidentally say the wrong thing...but then people claim that that is how you're really feeling because it's a "Freudian Slip." So say you're talking to someone with spaghetti sauce on their face and instead of saying yes you say sauce....Freudian Slip.
I did tickets out of class with my third section today. They were similar to the others, and many said that I should slow down a bit (both in how fast I go through the notes and in how fast I talk [shocker]). My personal favourite said, "Talk lower and maybe S*ower a bit." So they meant slower...I really think they meant slower...where I put the * it was kind of a mangled unrecognizable letter. But it looked A LOT like shower..... on a day where I didn't shower in the morning; coincidence? I was dying laughing. And not all of the students had handed theirs in so I think I scared them a little, like a ticket could be wrong or laughable. At this exact moment Mel came into my room and she too BURST out laughing...I think the kids think I'm crazy....crazy or smelly!
My friend Amanda Hennessy (not the Amanda who generally stars in my blog posts) suggested I show a video to my students, a song called Electric Twist by A Fine Frenzy, because I told her that my students really liked her song "Almost Lovers." I showed them the video today and they LOVED it. They really like to find out what music people listen to and what "western" artists are like. I'll have to keep doing this occasionally (since it's SUPER math-related....).
My friend Amanda is actually also an extremely talented singer/musician...I'll have to download some of her tunes to show to them, they'll love it!!
Anywho, lunch time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment