I forgot to mention in my post last night (probably due to the fact I was falling asleep sitting here) that the funniest/weirdest thing happened at the Halloween Party! One of the assistants to the Chinese Principal here (who is also Chinese) came up to me and without saying anything put his son (probably between 1 and 2 years old) in my arms and got his wife to take a photo and then just laughed and walked away. It was so confusing! First of all; what if I dropped your kid? Second of all, what if I'm crazy? Thirdly, what the heck are you doing??? It really was funny though, but I just stood there stunned for a solid minute after they walked away.
It's 5:30 pm here now on Monday and my last class ended just after 5. It was so depressing to leave the building in the dark. And I don't just mean outside. Once I shut off the lights in my classroom, it was DARK! I had to walk through the long slippery hallway, down two flights of stairs and out to the cold and wet weather in the dark. I thought there were automatic lights that turned on in the halls but apparently not!
I've mentioned before that it rains a lot here in the winter and I think that it is now starting, I'll be getting paid back soon for all of those times I bragged that it was warm here. Luckily I have rain boots coming soon! I tried on shoes the other day and was so excited to find a size 40, because that's my size in European sizing. Apparently Chinese sizing is different, the 40 did not even come close to fitting! I hope that the boots I ordered online fit! That would suck, get them all the way to China and they don't fit!
It's report card time! Today I made the "Comment Bank" for them. It is so systematic the way the comments work but it still DOES NOT explain how teachers managed to get the pronouns wrong, because with the system we use it should never happen! Once I mark this make-up assignment that I gave some of the kids today and will give the rest tomorrow, I can start doing all of my report cards! I'm excited to get them out of the way.
Anywho, I am famished, so I'm going to go make dinner! I hope everyone is staying out of Hurricane Sandy's way!
No comments:
Post a Comment