So I was very excited to be able to use my stove...yay no more steaming vegetables! However....now it appears that one of my only options is stir-fry. Yesterday at lunch I made a grilled cheese; worst grilled cheese ever, but STILL better than nothing! I need to invest in some more sauces and spices so that my stir-frying can at least be more exciting!
In teacher's college we were told that "wait time" was really important. If you ask the students a question and no one is answering then you are supposed to wait, even past the long and awkward silence where everyone is just looking around at each other. I hate this...I hardly ever did it on my placement. Yesterday however, I waited for a REALLY long time for one of the students to put an answer on the board, after one student did it though there was a steady stream of students coming up! I was glad....thank you Jamie Pyper (I think?) for telling us to do that.
One of my sections is two days behind the others because they missed a class for a test so today my goal is to somehow get them all caught up in one class (this may be extremely difficult). I photocopied most of the notes for them; so that will help to save some time, I think the other sections might be a little POd that they had to write them, but c'est la vie.
I was not woken up by my neighbour's alarm at 4:30 this morning, instead they were (I'm assuming this is what it was anyway) setting off fireworks on campus at around 5 am...I was planning on getting up at 5:30 anyway so this wasn't that big of a deal and at this point I can't help but laugh at the situation! Anywho, I need to go get stuff ready for today!
They know how to party there, eh?
ReplyDeleteI just LOL'ed HUGE....Nervous Nancy. Hahahaha. Sounds like a good day!
ReplyDeletePS: I swear every time I comment... that number puzzle gets harder!!!
ReplyDelete