Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Power Outage

I went to bed before 9 pm last night. I didn't fall asleep FOREVER, but I guess I eventually must have, because I woke up at 2 am. I went to turn on the light in my room and it wouldn't turn on. Being that I was still half asleep and confused, I thought it was a problem with me, not with the light. However, it wouldn't turn on after a few tries. So I grabbed my flashlight that I keep in my room (paranoid much) and ventured into the rest of the apartment; none of the lights were working! So I went about my business and went back to bed, still not being able to sleep. I texted Mel and it turned out her power was out too. Again I must have eventually fallen back to sleep because I woke up at 4:45.

I had been planning on going to the gym before school this morning because we have a meeting today that makes it so I can't go during lunch. However, I tried the light again and realized if the power was out all over campus then I could not go to the gym. So then I thought, okay well I'll just work out here...then I realized two things (a) it would be in the dark (b) I'd have no way to shower after. So back to bed I went; just to lie there awake for an hour and then get up just before 6.

One of the bonuses to having a gas stove is that even with the power out I could start making breakfast. Partway through flipping one of my banana pancakes I heard a beep in my apartment and tried the light and the power was BACK ON! Thank goodness; class would have SUCKED without any power! I would have had no laptop or projector; luckily it would have been mostly presentations today!

Off to school I go (got my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight...)...

1 comment: