Afterwards I met Mel downtown and we went over to one of our friends places for dinner; he made us pizza! It was delicious. And some of the people he works with came over and one of the guys had a puppy! Up until this point I hadn't been brave enough to pet any animals in China (for obvious reasons) but this puppy was so cute! And apparently he bought it off the street at 1 am a month ago for 30 RMB...that's 5 dollars. Then later on we went to the bar, and then to get street food again; it seems we don't really change our routines too much. I had the best of intentions this morning, got up and puttered around the apartment for a bit and then started marking; I got one person's assignment marked and Mel called me to see if I wanted to come over for coffee; so naturally I have done nothing else all day.
We went into town and got sushi for lunch, then we went to walmart and the plant market! I honestly thought we were going to die on our cab ride home; came so close to getting into so many car accidents, terrifying stuff! The cab driver was laughing at how clearly scared we were! I learned a new phrase while reading my dictionary at the nail salon and it's "what's your name"...I'm still not sure if I say it right, but I said it to the cab driver and he thought it was the funniest thing in the world.
Yesterday my kids were working on an in-class assignment and it took some of them 45 minutes and others it took the full 100 minutes (and some over-time). So there was some time where some kids had nothing to do; I told them to either go get some work for another class or to write me a letter on scrap paper. Six of the kids wrote me letters. They are great! If it wouldn't take me so long to type them out then I'd share them with you; but the kids are so funny and nice. One of the girls wrote her number down in hers in case I need a guide while I'm shopping; I thought it was funny. Another girl said that she hopes we can chat and share happy things, "I am a nice girl, I promise" she said, as if I had any doubt that she was lol. I think I want to get them to write me letters more often; it helps me to get to know them better!
![]() |
| This is the puppy; it's name was Chlo-Joe or something; apparently it's from a movie |
![]() |
| These towers are the Best Western in Jinhua; this is where my parents are staying when they visit!!! |


No comments:
Post a Comment