I went into town yesterday evening and bought the ingredients for my dessert for the BBQ tomorrow night. I made a sample batch today; they were delicious, I hope everyone else likes them too! I think they were too delicious, I'll wait and make the rest of them tomorrow haha! I also went to the night market last night. This is the first time I have bought anything at the night market. I got a cute clutch for 30 RMB which is like 5 dollars and I probably could have gotten it for cheaper but I wasn't in the mood for bartering. I also got the funniest little trinkets that people will just have to wait and see when I get home in June!
When I got home people were going to get food. We biked to another food street, this one is far less impressive than the one that I took photos of the other night! It was still pretty tasty but they also didn't have the wrap things that I like so much...on the plus side it's much closer to the school (like a ten minute bike ride)!
This morning I woke up and made breakfast and the sample batch of oat clusters. Then it was race time! There is a male teacher race and a female one. I didn't sign up; I embarrass myself enough on a regular basis, I don't need to run a 100 m race in front of a ton of people! BUT our principal and a few of the other teachers signed up; since Meghann and I didn't run Mel was the only female teacher of ours out there and she did awesome! I spaced on my photographer duty though and missed getting a photo of her; Matt got one so I'll hopefully be able to steal his from him.
It was SO hot at the race, I didn't stay any longer than I had to (I should say had to....but the second my friends were done racing I was out of there). It feels like 35 here today and it to feel even more hot tomorrow! Then by Tuesday the high is 17, crazy weather! This afternoon I finally went and put money on my cafeteria card, it only took me six weeks (yes, I've been here for SIX weeks)! So now I can try out the food in the cafeteria next week! I also finally finished marking one of my sets of assignments; I have to finish the other before the weekend is over. If I try to resist my laziness then it SHOULD get done!
I am in terrible need of a hair cut; I really wish my sister Loretta were here! One of my students offered to take me to get one and she'd translate; so if I get brave enough then maybe I'll do that! I also need to book (ask our assistant to book; can't really do it myself since I don't speak Chinese haha) my train tickets to see my parents when they come and to see my cousin Bryan play hockey at the end of the month! Most of you know but my cousin Bryan plays hockey in Korea and they have a bit of a tournament in Shanghai at the end of November/ beginning of December, so I am hoping to go to it! BUT before I do that I need to get my marking done. So off I go...
 |
| Grandma's snacks, relocated! |
 |
| Sports DAY! |
 |
| One of my students about to start his race! |
 |
| In town; so pretty! This is on the walk from walmart to the mall |
 |
| This is the walkway that I take from walmart to the mall |
 |
| I think they had glued leaves to this "tree" |
 |
| I just thought this gumby pillow was hilarious...this is at the night market. |
 |
Teacher race: From left to right:
Pius, Marty (our principal), Mel, Scott and Terence |
 |
| The first heat of the 100 m |
 |
| Scott is about to race! |
 |
| Terence's heat |
 |
| Marty and Pius!! |
WOOO
ReplyDeleteMe want street food
ReplyDelete