Last night I watched part of some British movie that my friend Amanda recommended which is A LOT like Mean Girls. By 10:30 I was too exhausted to watch anymore and I went to sleep.
This morning I got up, ate breakfast (scrambled eggs with veggies..yummm), and had coffee with Mel. Then I came back and actually did some work. Don't get too impressed, instead of working on my current unit and the stuff I should be doing this week, I started an outline for the NEXT unit...because that is sooooo helpful right now. I am so good at procrastination that even when I'm doing work I'm procrastinating!
This afternoon I caught the bus into town to go to Century Mart and get some kitchen stuff and some groceries. The bus took a turn that I never remembered taking before and I figured that my memory just wasn't working properly. Then we pulled into somewhere I had definitely never been before and I started worrying that maybe I caught the wrong bus. But no, we were just stopping for gas, on the city bus. This is something I had never done before!! I guess it makes sense, sometimes they run out of gas, but in my 6 years of being a semi-frequent public transit user, this has never happened. After 5 minutes we were back on our merry way.
At century mart I got a pot, a pan and some cutlery. I also bought chicken wings (they tasted good by the way) and another comforter for my bed; the one I originally bought I actually sleep on top of so that my mattress feels a little less like sleeping on concrete. Getting a cab home was such a pain, for some reason there were no cabs out at all! But I finally DID get home, so that is good.
Next I went to the market, I have recently decided I love the oblong purple egg plant! I had only ever eaten the less oblong more black egg plants and I didn't mind them, but these ones I LOVE! So I got some of those and I also bought a new kind of pepper, I hope it doesn't burn my mouth off! I also found (well Mel found them awhile ago and I first saw them today) these mushrooms we originally tried at Hot Pot and I ate some for dinner tonight, they are so good! But they are the funniest little mushrooms in the world, they almost look like bean sprouts!
Now I'm going to try and figure out what I am doing at school tomorrow and I may watch a movie. My friend Amanda was surprised I had never seen Sixteen Candles (I had heard of it). So I downloaded it and I may cuddle up in my new blanket and watch it!
haha, I can honestly say I have never had to stop for gas on a bus either! ya china!
ReplyDelete