I'm not even sure who sings the song that the title of this post comes from, but I thought it was fitting. I always try my best to like Wednesdays, it's better than Monday and Tuesday and at the end of the day it's pretty much Thursday which means tomorrow is pretty much Friday, so it's practically the weekend. Except it's not...
Today was good, I actually had the heat on in my classroom for a bit, it was cold today! I think the kids were surprised. I spent some more time making up the game I want to play with the kids tomorrow, it's a Polynomial Trivia Game, now if that doesn't sound fun I don't know what does! I was walking out of my class today and ran into one of my students who hadn't even been in my class for that period. She had a piece of wood in her hand and I was confused but it turned out it was her pencil case and so I just said that it was neat. Then she opened it and inside was a mini-chalk board! I couldn't hide how cool I thought it was (even though it probably made me look super uncool lol). She said thank you and off we went on our own merry ways. Then I was heading back to class this afternoon and I thought I heard someone say my last name but I thought I was hearing things, then I definitely heard "MISS YOUNG!" and I turned around and this girl was chasing after me. She handed me a box and I was super confused and then she said, I have more than one! This is for you! And it wasn't the exact same thing but it was similar to her pencil case. It was this cute wooden desk organizer with a chalk board on it and it came with mini chalk and a mini chalk eraser. It's the coolest thing EVER! I was/ am so excited about it. And it's my first teacher present. Well, my first teacher present as a REAL teacher!
Now I am trying to get some work done before I go to Shanghai this weekend, it's not going well! Hopefully I get a bunch done tomorrow. But It's 7:30 and I'm just getting home from school, so I just want to watch some tv and go to bed BY NINE! I have been saying all week that I will go to bed early, but I still haven't. I am so excited to go to Shanghai, so I'm also finding it hard to think about work lol! Thank God Wednesday means it's almost the weekend (???). Happy Hump-Day!
Have fun on your weekend away!
ReplyDelete