Then as I sat at my desk doing work Harriet brought me some mail; love these surprises! I had a package from Amanda with MORE candy/ food in it. I am so excited, I have so many sweets now; I'll have to try and pace myself. I also got a letter from my cousin Kait, with more photos from this summer that are hilarious and some Laura Secord fudge, Amanda's package also had fudge, best friends EVER! Harriet, our assistant, even commented, "Colleen, you have so many packages since you get here." She also booked my train tickets to Shanghai for this weekend today, so that's exciting! I just have to figure out how to navigate the train station by myself this time!
Then it was time for the unit test. I noticed as I was walking around that they were spending WAY too much time on some of the questions; I think they are paranoid about losing communication marks, I need to find a happy medium with this paranoia! So when they had half an hour left, I let them know and they were NOT happy. However one student finished with more than a half hour left. A few other students handed the tests in before the class technically ended and then the majority was still there. I said they could take extra time since it was their dinner time. Some of them stayed for an extra FIFTY minutes. Then I finally made them leave. When I was in school if I had a test that took that long, we were mad; we hated the test AND the teacher. No, these kids will never cease to amaze me. While I was getting my stuff together students were coming in one-by-one asking me questions about whether they did things right, they just wanted to know that badly. Then another student came in and said "Miss Young, have you eaten dinner?" I said, "No, not yet." (obviously, this class started at 3:30 and it was now 6:15). He said, yeah we thought so, our class would like to get you dinner, maybe noodles? I nearly died. I told him that I wasn't hungry since I hate a late lunch (this was a lie, I was really just tired and wanted to go home and eat the KD mom and dad brought me). He looked disappointed and left. Then another student came in and asked me about the test. He also started just talking about random things; this is the same student who told me that I'm scary. He had been asking a few questions about the test, then about math and how he never did this well in Chinese math and his parents are surprised. I said, oh , well that's a good surprise though. His response: "Yes, so, what's wrong with your eye?" I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing; I guess this kid just says everything that comes to his mind lol. I kind of explained my eye situation and he just looked at me and said "yeah, that's strange, it looks strange." I laughed and said "Thanks." Next he told me about he was nervous for his presentation in another class. I asked why and he told me because he's shy. I said yeah, I was really nervous about presentations in high school, I said even more nervous than I am now, and said that he can probably tell that I'm nervous sometimes at school. He said he could tell. And I told him how in high school I was shake, talk even faster, go purple I was so red and want to throw up. He said yeah, you go red in class too; it's cute. I laughed since this is the kid who told me that I was scary and not cute anymore, then he left and the most awkward conversation of the day was over.
I went to the office and set the tests down and headed home. Even on the way out of the office another kid stopped me and asked "Miss Young, what about your dinner?" I again assured him I was fine and he went to eat HIS dinner which he still hadn't eaten because MY test took him all evening. When I got home I made the first Kraft Dinner I've eaten in over 2 months, yes I've been gone over TWO months! It tasted so good! Normally it's a feat for me to eat an entire box of KD, but I didn't even hesitate to finish it. I'm now enjoying some of the maple fudge that I got in the mail; not that I needed any more sweets today!
![]() |
| KRAFT DINNER |

Enjoy the pepperette! Random I know!
ReplyDelete