Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gloomy Days

The gloomy days have arrived! It's rainy and cold here and it is supposed to be like this for some time now! There are only a couple of days in the 14 day forecast that say possibly no rain and they are still going to be cloudy. I think it's the whether and being busy with school that has made this week also kind of gloomy; not in a sad way just a "meh" way. On the positive side: there will be two more foreigners in Jinhua in a matter of hours! And tomorrow is the Math Contest! 56 of my 75 kids are writing the COMC....the Canadian Open Math Competition! I am excited to see how all of them do! I am also impressed that so many of them opted to write a voluntary math test! We did not have this kind of turn out for math competitions at St. Pete's. I remember writing the Waterloo Math Contest in gr. 12 with like 7 other people and that was out of over 200! Clearly we were the 7 COOLEST people in our grade....no?

Peer tutoring got postponed until 5:30, so I am just in the office killing time/ doing work/ blogging. I played jeopardy with my third section today, it was so fun! They are more lively than the other two sections and caught on to the premise of the game more quickly; I think some of them had ALMOST as much fun as me; but not quite as much!

Next week is going to be a BUSY week! We have the unit test on Monday, so I will have to mark that AND figure out how to plan this upcoming unit! I need to figure out more ways to make it fun, and EASIER ways. Jeopardy is obviously fun, but making one of those games actually takes me a couple of hours, so I can't do that everyday! I also know that I won't have much time this weekend or next to do any work (and by much, i mean no time at all because there are so many other things I'd rather be doing these next two weekends)!

The assistant just this very second came to my desk and told me that the driver has my parents! She said that he said "they are very young!" What a funny comment to make but I'm sure they'll love to hear that when they get here (the driver speaks no English so I'll have to tell them). Gahhh!! I am so excited now! Harriet, our assistant also knows me far too well. I had originally been planning on getting a cab to "In-Time" (the mall) at 8:30, so when she realized they may be early she said I can change your cab to 8 so that you have time to go to Starbucks! I am so predictable!

If they are arriving soon then I should go get some work done; tutoring starts in a half hour, so then I'll be distracted again!!!!

Now I am so excited that the title for this post makes no sense, but I'll just leave it!

No comments:

Post a Comment