I have been seriously slacking on my blog! In case you don't notice I have now added captions to the photos from Shanghai so you can check those out. This week has been so busy! I think it's because I haven't had time to do work on the past couple of weekends (not that I should be complaining about that). A regular week that wouldn't even be that bad, I'd just have to do a lot of lesson planning at night, but this week I also had to finish marking this test! Today I finally finished! Now the kids have been bombarding me with questions about it and about their marks but that is far less stressful than marking, so I'll take it. Ten people came to peer tutoring last night and nine people tonight, and only one pair is a repeat pair! I couldn't believe this many people showed up! It probably helps that some of them aren't too happy with their marks, but again... I'll take it!
Other than marking and lesson planning I haven't really been doing a whole lot this week. I've been helping a couple of kids research stuff for universities, I wish our school had a guidance counselor! I don't mind helping, but helping 75 kids research universities would get to be too much lol.
I just had a student come and get his test and look at it for awhile. Most (and by most I mean every student except him) students have had at least a few questions about the test or things to complain about that they got wrong. So when this student handed his test back to me I prepared myself for all of the questions and instead he said "Miss Young, I see where I went wrong. If I taught your course and saw those careless mistakes, I'd give myself an even lower mark!" I nearly laughed right then, but I managed to hold it in.
I ate in the cafeteria for the second time today. It was SO much better today! It was funny though because we were at one of the soup stations and I pointed at the vegetables that I wanted and then what they do is just put them all in this boiling soup/ water and let them cook and then they make a soup out of it for you. The ladies kept asking Mel and I stuff but we had no idea what they were saying so we just shrugged and didn't pay much attention. Then one of my kids was walking by and started talking to us so then the lady working at the soup station started asking him the questions for us. She mainly wanted to know how spicy we wanted it! I was glad she asked him because I don't like things too, too spicy. I told the student he should get bonus marks for helping us order lunch; too bad life doesn't work that way haha.
Mom and dad should be making their way to Korea today; I forget what time their flight was to leave at. So they'll get to see Bryan soon hopefully!
I'm such a loser. This weekend I'm mainly excited to clean my apartment and get caught up on work...and sleep in obviously! It's been really rainy here lately, thank goodness mom and dad brought me those boots. I've been wearing them to school and just changing my shoes when I get here. The kids think it's funny to see me wearing them, one kid today yelled across the courtyard, the kid who said I was scary, "Miss Young those make you more cute" and then another chimed in with "you look like a worker!" I don't know how to take either of those, so I just kept walking and smiled.
Anywho, I should probably stop blogging in the office and get back to work; in the time since I started this blog most of the peer tutoring has ended; only one student his left, so I guess it's not just teacher-extra-help-time. Happy Friday-Eve!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment