Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Fun-day

Last night I went into town and Mel and I got Starbucks and meandered around the night market for a bit. Then before heading home we stopped at Walmart. I decided to finally buy one of the little shelf units I'd been eyeing up every time I went there. I thought it would be nice to have more furniture in my living room since it has never felt very homey.

We got dropped off by the cab and I balanced the huge heavy box on my bike and walked it to my apartment...thank god my bike was there, my arms probably would have died! I opened the box up when I got home with every intention of putting it together last night only to find that not only were the instructions in Chinese but there was no allen key or screw driver. So I left it strewn all over the floor and went to bed; not in a good mood lol.

I texted a few of the other teachers today and it turned out that one of them had a screw driver that would work; thank goodness! So I finally got the shelf together, it was actually so hard with no instructions and very few pictures! But I think it's put together decently well, it hasn't fallen apart yet anyway! Then I spent a couple of hours majorly cleaning the apartment (it gets SO dusty) and rearranging my living room. Now my living room actually looks more like a living room! The plants and things that I have bought also help!

Now I need to finish writing my unit test and get all of the review together for tomorrow! Maybe I'll do it on the couch; now that I hate that room less!
My creation!!! 

My new and improved living room!

Another angle! Almost looks like someone lives here...

1 comment: