Friday, November 23, 2012

ALMOST FREE!

I have one more class this afternoon and then it is the WEEKEND! I'm so excited! Today it has been impossible for me to focus on work. I came to the office after my morning class with the intention of doing work but instead I have been looking up flights to Thailand. Mel and I started really SERIOUSLY searching for flights last night. It seems we may have waited a little too long; the flights are booking up since Spring Festival is such a popular time to travel. We are a little wary of booking things through companies other than the actual airline but our principal says he's booked flights with "cheopair" before and it's been fine, which is convenient since they have the cheapest prices. I guess with a name like cheapoair you better.

For some reason even though we're a Canadian program we celebrate American Thanksgiving; go figure. Yesterday was American Thanksgiving, which I guess makes today Black Friday. The kids are having a "party" for thanksgiving this evening. I am honestly so tired that I may skip out to nap; but I think I better go at least for a bit. They were originally going to have performances and games but the venue got double booked and so now they're going to watch a movie and eat chicken in the lecture hall.... that's a bit of an interesting way to celebrate thanksgiving.

My neighbours...not sure if they are above me, below me or beside me...but either way; their alarm went off again this morning at 4 am, it happens without fail! I should start setting alarms for random times that will make them mad...but then I'd be woken up too, so that doesn't really work. Sometimes I can fall asleep despite the alarm but not today, I just lied in bed for an hour and a half trying to sleep and then I got up; which is probably another reason that I cannot focus today at all.

I realized last night and today as I looked at the material for the rest of the unit that this unit is going to be pretty short. That unfortunately means that there will be another test soon and I'll have to mark it lol! The kids were disappointed that I didn't mean it when I told them that there'd be no more unit tests so that I wouldn't have to do anymore marking again ever.

Anywho, I'm going to go eat an early lunch I think and then maybe, just maybe, I'll actually get some work done...but I highly doubt that!

Happy almost Black Friday to everyone at home!

1 comment: