Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Parent-Teacher Interviews

Report cards are going home soon so we have been scheduling some parent-teacher interviews. I was notified today around 11 that I would be having an interview at 12:30; so that was an experience! Luckily the interview also included someone from the Chinese school and my principal, so I had lots of back up! Over all I think it went okay, but they are definitely not fun!

We had peer tutoring again tonight, only one of the regular pairs showed up, the others had reasons for not coming and some will be coming tomorrow instead. I also had three students without tutors drop by for help; that was exciting!I think they are more actively seeking out help since they have a test coming up on Monday. I think it will be busy again tomorrow! I had to leave "early" tonight. I thought booking a cab for 7 would leave us lots of time (we have to book them since we can't speak Chinese to call them). But I actually had to almost boot one kid out of the office.

In town Mel and I went out for supper and then stopped at the store to grab some things. I bought some white wine that I tried and didn't mind, I think that my visitors who get here TOMORROW will like it; well one of them will, I have beer for the other! I thought I'd try out a different kind of white wine when I was at walmart the other day bc it was half as much...there is a reason it was half as much. Oh my gosh it's gross, I took one sip of it and re-corked it, probably to never be opened again!

Yesterday one of my students asked if I watched the show How I Met Your Mother, she asked because me and Barney (a character from the show) both say awesome a lot; I really do say it a lot, I should cut back. I laughed and told her that I actually had watched the show that very day on my lunch break! She was very excited and I asked if she watched Big Bang Theory because it seems to be popular with Chinese people who speak English. She said yes I do and I love this show called 2 Broke Girls! I almost died, because I had also watched THAT show at lunch that day. Clearly I have the maturity level of my students; not a good sign!

Oh my gosh speaking of having the same maturity level as my students! Awhile ago a student recommended that I listen to "I knew you were trouble" by taylor swift. And I obviously liked it because even though I know she's annoying and her songs aren't good, I still love them, every one of them! So last night, or the night before when I first listened to her song called 22 I listened to it about 20 times at least! So today I asked the same student if she had heard that song, since she liked the other tswift song and she said yes! It reminded me of 15!! I thought this was hilarious because I had forgotten that she also had a song called fifteen. It also made me laugh because it shows that like me, Taylor also does not mature! The song made me kind of sad though, because I can only sing this song and be ACTUALLY 22 singing it for another 11 days! Gahh, getting old!

Another song I've been playing on repeat is I Did It For The Girl by Greg Bates.
Tomorrow there will be MORE review. I played the jeopardy game with two of my sections today. I think I found it WAY more fun than they did! It would be way better if we had actual buzzers, it's so hard to tell who has their hand up first. Anywho, I'm beat, and should get rested up for school and showing my parents around Jinhua this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a dedicated blogger! YAY big nance hits the big city!

    ReplyDelete