Monday, November 26, 2012

HATE Mondays

It has been an annoying couple of days. I should have known it would be the second my Christmas lights fell down. A few small things went wrong when I went into town yesterday, nothing too bad but enough to make me a little grumpy. This grumpiness was made WAY worse when I got back to the school and realized my bike was gone. I figured that someone I work with must have just taken it home because they didn't want to walk in the rain; so lucky me, I got to! Then I got back to the apartment and it was not there either. Mel and I sampled the Winter Beer when I got home though and it is actually tasty so that made me feel a little better.

When I went to school this morning, on foot, I was surprised to find my bike back at the office and since I was running late I just went to class. The kids were super chatty and didn't want to do much work this morning and I ended up having to keep them late (by late I mean I didn't let them go early like I normally do). Then I went to ride my bike home for lunch, it was gone AGAIN. So I was EXTREMELY grumpy. I finally broke my gym hiatus today, so that was a positive! Then I got home from the gym and was eating lunch when Mel called to tell me my bike was BACK at the office again. So I went as fast as possible and locked the stupid thing so that no one else could take it. After class was over for the day I went to ride it home and the person who kept taking it must be a midget because the seat was all the way down.

To make things worse. I have to pick which two students from one of my sections will be on the Yearbook Committee. And they of course ALL want to do it and I have no idea how to choose, so that is my goal tonight, to figure out how to choose. The second I got home I re-heated my leftovers from lunch (salmon and veggies with chili sauce, actually really tasty) and poured myself a glass of wine. I'm so glad we found not-Chinese wine here.

One of the teacher's fridges is broken and I was telling the kids and then laughed because I thought of the class refrigerator prank phone call. I then proceeded to explain prank phone calling and the fridge joke to them, it took a few minutes but they finally thought it was funny! I also laughed because Mary or Kait (I forget which) informed me after looking at my mom and dad's photos that my hair looks like a "Grade 8 boy's" haircut. Which is hilarious and I can totally see because it's at a super awkward length. Then this morning the first student to walk into class says "Miss Young I like your hair cut." Even though I did not get my haircut and it still looks the exact same, it means that either my hair doesn't look THAT bad or Chinese people like the same things as Grade 8 boys; who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment