Last night Mel and I went into town in the evening and got food at...wait for it...PIZZA HUT! It's the first time I've eaten there and it was actually pretty good; tasted a lot like pizza hut at home but was LESS greasy. I guess you know you're in China when the beer costs 20 RMB and you're like whoa...that's expensive; that's how much the beer at Pizza Hut was and it's still less than $4, but in all fairness you can get a case of this beer for 20 RMB.
After we went to Pizza Hut we went to this bar we'd never gone to but walked by a few times called Joy's Bar. It was pretty fun! Mel requested music when we got there and the DJ immediately changed it. He played a few good songs and then I almost died because he played my man Jay Z, I could not believe that I was listening to 99 Problems in China, I think the people at the bar thought I was crazy because I sang the entire song and danced in my seat. After the song ended Mel and I decided we wanted country music, but I was not getting my hopes up. I asked the DJ if he had any country and he said oh Taylor Swift? I was ummm...sure, but any other country? He said it was too slow and I said okay and sat back down. The next song played was What Hurts the Most by the Rascal Flatts and then American Honey by Lady Antebellum, then he played the Band Perry and I almost died, how do these people hear of this stuff? Eventually the Chinese people at the bar got fed up and part way through It's Your Love by Tim McGraw they switched back to house beats; but it was good while it lasted and I hate that song anyway! The owner of the bar ended up coming over and buying us a fruit tray; they love eating fruit at bars here, it's weird but still yummy!
After awhile we caught a cab and went to the Cactus (the bar we usually go to). The second we walked in this Chinese girl was running up to me and hugging me and it took me a second to realize that she was the girl we met at the dance bar the week before, the one I gave a piggy back to; her and her same friend were both there! It was hilarious. So we sat with them and their friends for the night; it makes for an interesting night when everyone you're hanging out with speaks very little English. We were on our way somewhere else and one of the Chinese people was really drunk and it turns out he had alcohol poisoning, so I got to see the inside of a Chinese Hospital! It looks the exact same as it does at home! I went home soon after that; I think once someone gets alcohol poisoning it's time to call it a night.
I woke up this morning to find that we again had no power (twice in a week, maybe two weeks?). I wasn't too upset though because no power meant I couldn't do any of my work. So I went to the store and then came home and read my book! Then the power came back on...so I guess I should probably do some work now ....sad times! It's so nice today! It's warmer than it's been all week, 28 I think the weather said. I will hopefully make this test super quickly and then I can go play in the sun!
Sounds like you had a good night, my fave Fri Friend!
ReplyDelete