Sunday, March 10, 2013

The weekend is over :(

Earlier today one of my students sent me an email telling me that she had made a Mango Layer Cake and she wanted to know if I'd try some this evening. Obviously I answered with a huge YES. She told me she'd be back at the school at 6:30 and she'd bring it to the office then. I made sure I was in the office a bit before (I had some stuff to do anyway). Sure enough right at 6:30 she came in and brought me a piece of the cake! It was so good. I don't know if at home I would call it cake. It had little pieces of pastry in it and lots of whipped cream, mango and strawberries; it was so good.

I forgot that I learned something yesterday. One of the guys I work with was going for a walk with a Chinese girl yesterday and like I said it was 32 degrees. She came out wearing pants and a full on winter jacket so he was like..you know it's hot right? And afterward she finally made something a little more clear! Apparently even when it's hot and even if they feel really hot, when it first gets warm out they still dress like it's winter so that when it gets even more hot they can wear fewer clothes and it doesn't feel quite as bad. They do the same thing in the winter. They were summer clothes into the fall so that when it gets really cold they don't feel quite as cold because they can now put on more layers. It's kind of weird but it actually makes a little bit of sense too!

This is the cake that my student made for me; nom nom nom

I also noticed I had a few photos on my phone that I don't think I've ever put up, these are from the first weekend after I got back from Thailand:

This is one of our friends who works for a tutoring agency in town. Him and Meghann are playing "It's My Life" in this picture I think!

This is Meghann when I got extremely excited that she played Achey Breaky Heart

Mel and I were trying to get a picture of us taken and instead this guy handed his friend his phone and hopped in the middle of us and started getting pictures of us with him. Then they finally took one on my phone...but now he's in it lol

This is me and my friend Ana and a crazy Chinese girl that we met that night. She broke a table because she was running towards the dance floor lol.

I just got an email from one of my students right now (the same one who got into Western) and she also got accepted to McMaster! No one else has told me whether they've gotten in or not yet. Hopefully more do soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment