Monday, March 4, 2013

No Matchbox Monday

I am officially back into a routine. I didn't do anything exciting this weekend but I did actually get some work done so that was a bonus! My sisters and a few of my friends went to see matchbox 20 on Sunday night, so jealous of them; they better tour again soon! In honour of that I listened to matchbox 20 ALL DAY today. While the kids did their textbook questions I was playing it and I don't think they appreciated it. Like 5 of the boys in my classes got their hair cut this weekend and it all looks the EXACT same. It's super short (basically not there) on the sides and the top part looks like they either got it permed or are curling it in the morning because it was poofy on the top. I'm not sure what that's all about but it was kind of amusing.

I got asked again today if I "felt cold." I was wearing tights a dress and a sweater, same kind of thing i've been wearing all winter and today it was 20 degrees! I assured the kids for the millionth time that if I felt cold I'd wear more clothes. It was funny though because after school I rode my bike into town. My friend Amanda sent me a recipe for a Waldorf Salad and I can actually get all of the stuff here so I decided when I got home from school that I'd go to the store. Since it was 20 degrees and I'd be riding my bike for an hour I wore like capris sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt; I was actually pretty warm. But I had so many people in town to pointing and commenting on it. I stopped at the market to get some veggies on my way home and the strawberry lady (yes I have great names for these people) was clearly talking about me and I looked unimpressed I'm sure so then she eventually got across (by pulling at her jackets sleeves and pointing at my arms) that she was talking about how I was wearing so few clothes. I think it's funny that these people wear the same thing when it's 20 degrees out as they do when it's -10 and they don't seem phased by it.

I hadn't taken my bike into town in ages so I had forgotten how terrifying it was to be on those roads. At least anyone near you just honks to say they're there otherwise I'm sure I would have gotten run over! I can also tell the days are getting longer now because I thought I'd for sure be riding home in the dark and I didn't have to; it had been getting dark before classes ended before!

I was not impressed when I went to the market today because there was a giant rottweiler barking but luckily he was tied up. I couldn't help but think how much more scared my mom and sister would have been; they hate those dogs. I don't usually mind them but I mind most animals over here; I never got a rabies shot lol.

Today it was in the middle of class and I was explaining something from the note and a few of the kids were laughing and talking and so finally I was like "what is going on?" And one kid was finally like...you talk SO fast. So I was like oh I'm sorry do you not get it? I'll talk slower. So I explained it again slowly and yet they laughed again. I said  WHAT? It turned out they just thought it was funny how quickly I said the word "derivative." It wasn't that they couldn't understand or I was saying everything too fast they just thought that part was hilarious. So after I just kept saying "der-i-va-tive." This did not help get the laughter to stop but at least it amused me a little more.

I was across the street getting food yesterday and I was waiting for my order to be ready when a lady pulled up and walked in that I knew I recognized. She looked at me and clearly knew me too and then she yelled HELLO! And right away I knew who she was; she was the egg lady from the market! It's funny to see people you recognize and yet you can NEVER talk to them because she only knows how to say HELLO and GOOD BYE and THANK YOU which she yells at me every time I buy eggs.

Even though I didn't get to go see one of my favourite bands ever with my friends today it was still a good day lol!

Anywho, I should go get some stuff ready for tomorrow and go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment