Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

Having St. Patrick's Day in China was pretty funny. We went to the Red House where a bunch of foreigners who we have never met (I guess everyone goes out on St. Patty's day) were also celebrating. I haven't seen so many foreigners in one room in China EVER. The bar staff was all decked out in green and my friend Ana face painted them all, she tried to face paint everyone actually! Meghann that I work with played some Irish songs, it was a lot closer to the party at the Ennismore arena than I thought it would be lol!!!

Today was pretty uneventful. My kids just had a review period for their test they have tomorrow. I got asked a bunch of questions which was good, I'm usually so bored during those! I can't tell yet whether my test I made is too easy or not, I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
I told my kids last week that they should wear green today since I don't get to see them on St. Patrick's Day and a few of them actually did! ..some  of them I think it was just a coincidence, but a couple did it on purpose!

This is Kathy and her boyfriend. Adorable. He was wearing a green onsie!

I'll try to get a better picture of these trees, they are SO pink! I love them! I don't think they'll bloom for very long but there's a ton of them throughout campus!

All ready for the crowd to come!

Ana face painting people whether they like it or not!

Ana giving Shy a shamrock

One of their very interesting concoctions 

Ana and I; I refused the paint much to her dismay...I still have a sneaking suspicion it was not meant for your face and was actually just paint

Ana and Craig!

Meghann who I work with and a couple others rocking out!

This is Trace, he owns the Red House

This is Erin, she teaches at another school in town.



No comments:

Post a Comment