Friday, March 22, 2013

DAY OFF

I forgot that something funny happened the other day. My kids had to do little mini presentations. Each group made up a graph and then had to trade with another group. They then acted out a real-life situation that could be modeled by the other group's graph that had to be increasing,decreasing and constant over certain intervals. One group got up to do theirs and one kid said "I am a stalker"... I said what? He said..I'm a stalker. I figured he didn't mean that and just let them keep going. Another student then started talking about a certain stock value rising and falling.... then I understood, in his head he was saying "stocker." After the presentation I took a few minutes to explain that those people are stock brokers and that they should never tell people in Canada that they are a stalker. Oh ESL students.

Today I went into town to do some marking. As I was walking to the gate one of my kids was waiting up ahead for me. He had forgotten something at the school yesterday. I talked with him on the way to the gate and then we went our separate ways. A minute later I was standing at the bus stop and a car pulled up and he rolled down the window and was hanging all the way out the window saying Miss Young my father wants to drive you to where you're going. I said oh no that's okay thanks. He said no he insists. I said where are you going? He said wherever you're going. It was really nice but I thought it would be pretty weird so I just kept waiting at the bus stop.

I did not get nearly enough marking done today, it's just so boring! And there was another thunderstorm last night! I don't even know how many that makes it in the last couple of weeks; but it's a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment