March 14th...3/14....is pi day! Get it... because pi = 3.14. At Queen's we always had a big pi day event at 1:59....3.14159; not nearly as many people were into it here as they were in the Math Department; shocking I know. A couple of my kids wrote pi poems/ raps and said them in class. Some wrote them but refused to say them in class... understandable. One of the kids came and saw me at lunch. She'd gotten me a little sticker that I could only recognize one symbol on, the pi symbol but she said it translates to " You're like pi; approachable but untouchable." I thought that was pretty cute.
I played a jeopardy game that I made for the kids today with them. Well they played, I hosted. I think it was more fun for me than them, but I think we'd all agree it was better than taking notes. It was mostly for review for the test they have next week; I think it'll be pretty easy though.
No comments:
Post a Comment