Saturday, March 9, 2013

Summer? But it isn't even Spring yet!

It's the weekend again! Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I had half of one class outside which was nice; I still don't think they work very hard when they're out there though. We also got more beer delivered to the apartments yesterday which is nice! Today it is so nice out; who would have thought it would be 30 degrees on March 9th; I wouldn't have!
Yesterday was Women's Day which means that apparently some women get half of the day off in China; we didn't...but some people do lol.
The kids had some pretty funny questions yesterday. One student was asking me about where we teachers go when we go out in town. She did not understand why I wouldn't tell her lol. Another student asked me about the food you can get from the cafeteria in university so I told him what I could remember from the cafeteria in first year. After I finished he was like THERE IS NO RICE?! I was like..oh yeah the cafeteria had some rice stuff..... I thought he was going to have a heart attack right then.
Last night I didn't really do anything exciting at all. Since it was nice out we hung out outside for a bit. But I was so tired; I went to be before 11 and was woken up around 7 this morning by fireworks; so that was lovely.
So far today all I've really done is look up where I want to go when we have 6 days off in June; lots of it is in Chinese though so I'll need help lol and I've also done a bit of work; I need to do lots more though.
It's daylight savings this weekend! So that means everyone at home will spring ahead and we'll have a 12 hour time change again; that's always more easy to remember than 13!
I've been applying to jobs; I honestly hate looking for jobs so much. Job applications are so much work and then you just have to wait to hear from someone. And then if you do you have the interview to worry about. I just hope I get a job for September lol!
Some of the kids finally weren't wearing their winter jackets yesterday. Some were....but I think the majority just had sweaters on. I was boiling hot in a dress and a cardigan.... it's supposed to cool off tomorrow again though!

Anywho, I should go get some work done. I get evaluated two more times this week so I need to have some good lessons planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment