Yesterday was not overly exciting; the highlight was going for street food for dinner. I told the kids I liked street food and they were repulsed: "Miss Young it's so dirty!" I was like yes if by dirty you mean delicious. But in my head I kept thinking.... your banisters are washed with toilet water, they are literally burning garbage beside campus today and none of you can properly aim for a squat toilet; but street food is dirty?
The food was delicious. The one place was like a soup place and you just went around with a basket and picked everything you wanted in your soup and then they take it and boil it all and make it for you; it was super tasty! I've been getting pretty lazy about making food so I may end up eating out more often now; but I want to stop eating across the street, it does not make me feel very good after; so greasy.
I got tricked into waking up early this morning. My old phone that I use as my alarm clock thought that it should do daylight savings and spring ahead so I woke up a bit before 9 and was like well I went to bed at 10:30 so I should probably get up.... after awhile I realized that my phone had lied and it was really 8 am; worse things have happened though. I've spent most of today figuring out school stuff for this week and what I'm going to do on the days that I get evaluated.
There was a funny Chinese girl at the street food place last night. She ran up to us while we were standing there and said Hello and then ran away. Then she ran back and screamed do you speak Chinese? but she ran away giggling before we could answer. Then when the lady told us how much it was..which we understood, the girl came running back and yelled 23 YUAN! And ran away giggling again; it was pretty entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment