Sunday, March 17, 2013

CHEESE!

On Friday night one of the ladies we know who works at a different school in town messaged me on facebook to tell me that Century Mart had all different kinds of cheese: brie, gouda, edam, camembert (or something).... I was so excited. That night I literally dreamed about being at Century Mart and getting cheese. So when I woke up all I could think was if THAT was a dream then did Louise ACTUALLY message to tell us there was cheese or was that in my dream too? No..it was real! I checked facebook again lol. So I headed into town pretty early yesterday morning because I did not want to miss out on that!

For the first time in forever as I got to the gate the bus came; usually I end up waiting like 45 mins for that bus, so that was exciting! It was supposed to get pretty warm yesterday so I wear a dress with a sweater and sandals and I got so many looks from Chinese people in winter coats who clearly thought I was crazy. While I was on the bus I was sitting in the aisle seat with no one beside me and I had my headphones in. I clearly hadn't heard a woman asking me to move over until finally in English she leaned and yelled in my ear "EXCUSE ME!" I finally heard her and apologized and moved over so she could sit down. I thought it was a little strange that she had said it in English but after looking at her for like a minute she didn't say anything else so I just kept listening to music. After a bit she started talking again about where I work and where I'm from, turns out her English was pretty decent. Similar to a lot of Chinese people I've met she didn't hesitate to ask ANY question she felt like right away. Like how many lessons I teach a week and whether my salary is comparable to what I'd get in Canada and whether I'd tutor her children on weekends and holidays. I don't want to so I told her I don't teach English and just changed the subject lol.

When I got to Century Mart I was happy to see that some of the cheese was still there. I got some real cheese slices and a thing of brie! So tasty!

Other than that nothing super exciting has happened. Today is St. Patrick's Day. I have to get some work done and then I think some of us might go into town later to celebrate for a bit. It definitely won't be the same as celebrating at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment